1. Visit client on site/ home.
2. Capture client’s requirements.
3. Discuss client ideas and preferences.
4. ED agrees with local planning office that the proposal is feasible.
5. Supply client confirmation of fees for the work required/ discussed.
Agreement of Terms
6. Client accepts the fees quoted, by email.
7. Client agrees initial survey visit time and date.
Capture Dimensions & Begin Design Work
8. ED visit site to capture building dimensions and assess the site in
9. ED creates drawings describing current building (also required by
10. ED designs enhancements for the current building in line with
Agreement on Design
11. Visit client and agree which option to move forward with.
12. Complete preferred design and confirm client satisfaction.
13. If possible ED offers a visit to another property having had a
similar design built.
14. ED submits design to Local Council Planning Office
(a 6-8 week delay is possible where planning permission is required)
Designs Accepted/ Planning Permission Granted by Council
Building Design & Technical Specification
15. ED recommends a structural engineer to the client,(contributes
to the Building Tech Spec.)
16. ED creates a detailed design including building specifications that
meet current regulations for approval by Building Control Dept.
17. ED negotiates with and attends to queries received from Building
Building Design/Specification Approved by Building Control.
Contractors Informed - (where appropriate).
18. ED recommends building contractors if required by the client.
19. ED shares the approved building specification with minimum of 3
20. ED shares tender responses with the client.
21. ED agrees with client their preferred company based on price
and relationship fit.
22. ED remains available to both client and builder through building works to
resolve design queries/ building issues.